Stress. All of us know what that monster can do to those of us with chronic illnesses. Stress can literally break down body systems of even the most healthy people. I know that stress causes me to hurt twice as much as I do on a normal day. I tend to get hives, mouth sores, more days with fevers, and migraines when life gets to be a little too much.
That said, I have decided to make a lot of changes in my life. I have got to get healthy again and I feel as if I can do more to help myself than I have been doing. I don't think I will make all of these changes, 100%, right away. I am going to actually consider them to be goals.
Here is what I am going to strive for:
1. Drink more water. I am the worst water drinker! I hate the stuff! But--I can tolerate it with lemon, so I will stock up on lemons and see what I can do. By drinking more water, it should be easier for me to achieve the next goal....
2. Drink less coke/diet coke.
3. Exercise at least 3 times a week. I love Zumba, but it's hard on my knees. I may try to attend Zumba class on days I feel okay, and then walk on bad pain days.
4. Eat healthier. My diet sucks. Period. I have to work on eating more nutritious foods.
5. Take supplements consistently. I'm still researching what I want to take, but I have read that the powder mixes are much better for smelly pill haters like myself. Do any of you have any recommendations?
6. Spend more time with people who truly care about me. I tend to go into my cave and hide when I'm depressed or feeling lousy. It's so hard for me to muster up the energy just to make the 5 minute drive to Starbucks to meet a friend on some days. But I have come to realize that it ALWAYS helps me feel better when I spend some time with friends. I am lucky to have a few friends who understand that I'm truly sick and that it's very hard for me to commit to any plans.
7. Eliminate people from my life who cause me more stress. Now of course I can't exactly ship off my kids, (haha!!) but I can stop spending time with people who make me feel guilty or lazy because I'm unable to do some things. I don't need that. I need love and support. Even if I love somebody more than anything, if they are unwilling to understand what I'm going through, they are not going to be good for me.
That's about it....what do you think about my goals? Positive changes, eh?!
Hope you all had a great weekend!!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad