Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blogs

I'm a sucky blogger. I never seem to stick with it for very long. BUT....I want to try to change that.

I love reading blogs. I've been searching for blogs written by people who have RA, Fibromyalgia, or other chronic conditions. It has been very interesting and has helped me to see that I am not alone in feeling scared, weak, and confused. There are many people who didn't get a diagnosis right away and that makes me feel better too. I know that I will find out what's wrong with me eventually.

Today's pain has been about a 9 out of 10. We are in Baltimore right now for a lacrosse convention my husband is attending. I'm able to just relax here in the hotel room, which is nice, BUT I think the lack of activity is making my pain even worse. I've gone down to the pool and hot tub both days so far---which really helps the pain---but the relief is only temporary. We have had dinner plans each evening, which entails putting shoes on---an excruciating endeavor with my left foot in such pain. So, to get through, I take a pain pill right before we head out. It seems to take the edge off and allows me to almost walk without limping or wincing in pain too much.

I hate this. I really do.

2 comments:

  1. I can definately relate. I really hope you find answers soon. It took many years to find answers for what I was going through, and two years since diagnosis, I have not found a treatment regime to have normalcy in my life. YOur pain systems seem like an arthritis related condition, RA, Lupus, and the like, but I am not a docter. (What do I know?) :) It seems like it is and I am surprised with your pain levels, it is still a mystery. The only advice I can offer is not to give up. The answers will come and you are the only advocate for yourself - no one else will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking for a management system and hotel reservation.

    ReplyDelete