Sunday, January 24, 2010

GROSSSSSSSSSSS!

That's what my kids say when they look at my hands.  Isn't that nice?  Here is what my hands look like after being out in the cold for a while.  This picture was taken after being inside (in a heated car) for 30 minutes.

Isn't that lovely?  That's an example of my Raynaud's.   My hands aren't typically as bad as my feet, but still...it's not a very fun condition.  My pinky and forefinger were completely numb for an hour.  I've had Raynaud's for many years, but only rarely did it act up....Until lately.  Now it happens all the time.  Yuck.

Today I taught Sunday School.  By the time it was over, I was HURTING!  My legs and arms hurt like crazy and I was exhausted.  I hate this.  I really do.

I go back to the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow.  He's the one who prescribed the Lyrica.  I will tell him that I feel a *little* better pain-wise, but it's definitely not gone.  I also will talk to him about how my toe still hurts,  but now my ankle and knee are hurting as well.

I talked to another lacrosse mom at Jake's practice today.  She has been having similar medical problems.  Hers have been going on a bit longer and a big difference with hers is that her ANA test was very positive and I believe her RF was positive too.  Mine were both negative.  It was nice to talk to her.  She is a neat person and I hope she and I will get the chance to get together sometime soon.

Thank you to those of you who have commented.  It means a lot to me.  I'm learning a lot and it helps to have support from people who understand what I'm going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment