Friday, January 22, 2010

"I get aches and pains too"

I woke up with my foot numb this morning.  The pain in my ankle and knee is a lot worse.  My husband tells me it's just part of getting older.  That he gets aches and pains too.  This makes me angry.  It really does.  I feel as if he is minimizing my situation.  I swear, I hope and pray SOMEBODY gives me a diagnosis someday soon.  I can't take this much longer.  My body is telling me something is wrong.  Just because the blood tests aren't, doesn't mean it's all in my head.  I want someone to believe me and take me seriously.  I want to feel better.

I'm going back to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I hear that aging comment alot and yes, even from my husband. Hang in there. Having an Rheumotid Factor does not apply to everyone. You are still in pain, and there has to be an explaination. See as many doctors as you can to get the answer. Do not allow it to get worse. My brother-in-law's (my sister's hubby) sister got to the point of using crutches because she gave up on finding the answers. Finally, one doctor listened and it was RA. So, keep trying to find out. Don't let anyone insist that "it is all in your head" or "that you are perfectly fine."

    ReplyDelete